As some of you already know, my boyfriend and I moved in together this year. It’s been 7 months now (that went so quick!) so I feel like we’ve really settled in.
I thought it would be fun to highlight some of the things that happen when you officially move in for the first time. Hopefully some of you can relate!
1. When you run out of something…You Are Out – funnily enough your boyfriend doesn’t have spare cleanser, bobbins or tampons lying around!
2. He will become familiar with your ‘Tanning Attire’ and you will become less ashamed everytime you wear it
3. He’ll never understand your need to purchase a candle everytime you’re in a homeware section, but he will begin to accept it
4. You will be ridiculed everytime you have to move the 10,000 pillows and cushions you insisted go on the bed
(and now can’t admit you’re a bit sick of too)
5. You won’t be able to hide how much you really eat anymore and he will be APPALLED!
6. You’ll both get excited over the things you swore would never bring you joy. Yes new Wok and Aldi special offers I am talking about you
7. He will become a back tanning extrordinare and will also be able to advise on his preferred tanning brands (Bellamianta – you’re boyfriend approved!)
8. He will become more acquainted with your delicates in a way he never imagined…loading and unloading the washing machine!
9. He will also become more familair with your not so delicate delicates…
10. For the first month, you will forget your reusable shopping bags Every. Single. Time. I now understand that stash every parent has in the utility room or under the sink!
There really is no hiding when you move in together, but I do think that’s half the fun! We felt like we were on holiday for the first week, but now we’ve found our feet and couldn’t imagine it any other way.
I generally share our trials and tribulations over on Instastories (here) I’d love to hear your thoughts on this post, so do pop over and let me know what you think!