Can you believe we are in March already?!
This year is going so fast, but I’m really excited for the Summer. Here’s hoping we actually get one, but that’s a whole other topic! Today’s post is about the things I’ve stopped doing since the beginning of 2017. A tad random, I know, but each aspect has made such a difference to my everyday life. I have to say, I’m much happier, so of course I wanted to share it with you all.
Five things I’ve stopped doing in 2017:
- I’ve stopped wanting a six pack – I just want to be happy. I personally don’t have the dedication to stick to a clean eating routine, that lets be honest is what’s needed to achieve abs. I love my girls nights out, cosy wine nights on the couch and just basically naughty food far too much. I admire those who stick to these regimented diets, but it’s not for me.
- I’ve stopped saying yes to everything – life is too short to always be the one running around, stressing out and trying to spread yourself too thin. I’ve realised how damaging it is to your mindset and so now I prioritise and decide what is actually feasible.
- I’ve stopped working out solely to burn calories – I’ve started to appreciate how beneficial exercise such as yoga is to your overall lifestyle as opposed to a work out that burns lots of cals but makes me miserable at the same time.
- I’ve stopped assuming the worst – I am naturally a worrier and can get quite anxious at times, so it’s really important to try and reduce negativity where possible. I’m currently reading The Secret and it’s really thought me how powerful your thoughts can be on the outcome of different situations. I’ve yet to master this, but I am trying.
- I’ve stopped apologising for other people’s mistakes – I think this comes with age (sob!) where you start to realise that you can’t always say sorry for things you haven’t done. I’m obviously not a fan of conflict and I prefer to get along with others where possible, but I do think that you have stand your ground in some cases and not say sorry for something that isn’t your fault.
I know some of you have probably been doing the above for a long time, but I was a little late to the party. I’ve always known I should stop doing each of the above, but knowing and doing are two very different things! Lets hope 2017 sees more progress than 2016 🙂
All My Love