Every January, I start out as an eager beaver, full of momentum to make the coming year the best yet. And surprise, surprise I often run out of steam as the months progress.
I’ve never been a fan of the New Year, New Me jargon. I’m realistically not going to change who I am (which is a good and a bad thing I suppose) To be honest, I just want to make 2017 the year I actually do the things I say I am going to do. Simples.
The main reason I’m even writing a blog post on these goals of mine, is so I’ll actually force myself to do them or at the very least, try. Putting yourself out there has a funny way of almost guilting you into keeping your word.
- Start yoga – I shall be Zen AF! I’ve done two classes so far and I’m really enjoying it.
- Run the Women’s Mini Marathon – I know this may not seem like a big thing to all you avid runners out there, but I’ve always wanted to participate, so this year I will!
- Visit (minimum) 2 new Countries / Cities. I want to see as much of the world as is physically possible (on a budget!) I did quite a bit of travelling last year, so I’m on the hunt for new locations in 2017. All suggestions welcome!
- Learn how to use my camera properly – I’m such a perfectionist so it annoys me when I can’t take the photos that I want. Instead of complaining about it, this year I’m making myself learn!
- Add to my education – I currently have a BBS in Marketing, however I’m a firm believer that everything is constantly evolving and we need to do the same to stay relevant. I will be starting a digital marketing course next week which will be a nice, not to mention useful, add on to my degree.
- Become more organised with my blog – It’s so easy to put this on the back burner when life gets busy. Previously my blog was always the first to suffer. This year however, I am determined to become more structured and serious about it.
- Get involved with more charities – I know this might sound like a cliche, but in 2016 I did more than I have ever previously done to help different charities and organisations (now it still wasn’t enough, but every little helps and all that) I honestly felt so great every time I helped or participated in anything, so doing more can only benefit not only the charities, but my mindset too. It’s win win really.
- Save more – I have always had the ‘save for a rainy day’ mentality, which I have my parents to thank for. They really instilled this in me from a young age, however this year I have set myself some new targets on what I want to have saved come December 2017. I know it’s not a priority for everyone, but I find it’s a great comfort to know you have savings to fall back on.
- Speak up – I have become MUCH better at this in the last year and as it’s not something that comes naturally to me, I’m proud that I’m at least trying. I’ll hopefully keep this going in 2017. You won’t be able to shut me up.
- Stop worrying so much – Anybody who knows me, knows what I’m like. Ever since I was a child, I’ve been this way. It was only when I was about 21 that I started to become worse. I’ve taken a few steps already to try alleviate this and will continue to do so in 2017. You may now refer to me as Positive Polly! 🙂
So there you have it, I know there’s nothing ground breaking above, but they are the things I am determined to do in 2017. I also have a few more personal objectives, but I think it’s nice to keep some things private and work on them in silence.
What are your plans for 2017? Is there anything you’re working on at the moment? I love hearing your motivational stories too, so be sure to let me know over on Snapchat (@DayDreamerChic), Instagram or Facebook.
All My Love