Hello Beautiful People,
I hope you’re healthy eating is going well?
I tried really hard this week and I ate clean Monday through to Friday. In hindsight, I don’t think I had any naughty food until the weekend. There’s a first time for everything! I kept my snacks quite healthy opting for fruit & yogurt as well as vegan cookies – recipe is over on my Instagram.
Starting each morning with porridge, protein pancakes or smoothie bowls, meant I set myself up for the day. A positive start really does make all the difference.
I’ve been adding vanilla protein to each of the above to help make it a more substantial breakfast. I’m really not an advocate for replacing any meals with protein shakes, instead I prefer to incorporate them into my overall diet. Life is too short not to eat real food, plus breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!
I set myself some goals from last week’s diet post (read here) so here’s a look at how I faired:
- Fruit or Veg with every meal – Yes adding berries on my breakfast really helped maintain this.
- Protein with every meal – Yes I added protein powder where necessary to facilitate this.
- 1 ltr regular water & 1 ltr detox water each day – Yes to the regular water but no to the detox water, I had a throat infection so opted for hot water and lemon instead.
- 2 x walks this week – Yes the nice weather makes it much easier.
- 2 x workouts this week – Yes! 🙂
- No alcohol – Emmmmmm (haha)
- Progress Pics (probably the scariest of them all!) I actually didn’t, purely because I didn’t get a chance on Saturday when I had planned to. This week, I will though!
We decided on a last minute weekend away due to the nice weather. You all know well enough by now that I never watch what I eat while I’m away. You will have seen on my Snapchat (DayDreamerChic) that I spent the entire weekend eating burgers, chips, Ice-cream (mandatory when by the seaside) and also a few too many sneaky drinks.
Also just to note I’m lying when I say ‘a few’ drinks and yes the below was just for me. Zoe doesn’t share food.
It wasn’t ideal for the waistline but it was great fun! When I wasn’t eating my body weight in food, we spent our days walking on the beach. For me personally, this is the best form of exercise. I can’t tell you how many calories it burned, but the fresh air and views were amazing. I had such a clear head to start this week.
I drew a line under a fantastic weekend and started today with more motivation than I’ve had in a long time. Having this balance and positive attitude has made me more inclined to not snack on unhealthy food during the week. Now I don’t feel guilty about some weekend indulgences!
I will share my progress pics (and by progress I mean the ‘before’ pics) in next week’s post.
All My Love