Hello Beautiful People,
I hope you’re all having a great week?
If you read my post about Turning 25, then you will know that I haven’t been feeling myself the last month or so. I initially thought this was due to the looming 25th birthday, but I don’t think it is entirely down to that.
There are a number of factors that have been contributing to how I’ve been feeling and so being the impatient individual that I am, I’ve decided to take action!
I’m going to do a bit of a ‘Lifestyle Detox’ which is going to involve making some small changes, so that I can retrieve some balance.
1. More Sleep – I’m so bad when it comes to getting enough sleep so I’m aiming for a minimum of 7hrs a night (If my best friend is reading this, she will be nodding her head in agreement!)
2. Cutting Down on Social Media – I am (clearly) a social media fanatic, however lately I find myself spending far too long on different platforms and comparing myself to others. Firstly this is just not good for anyone’s mindset and secondly, their lives ARE NOT as perfect as they seem. While I do know this, I think I just need to limit the time spent scrolling for now!
3. Add Fitness Structure – I’ve been so tired and sluggish lately that I’ve been doing random, low intensity workouts, if any at all. Any trainers will tell you that this isn’t ideal, I need structure to my workouts so that I can progress and improve my fitness.
4. Eat Better – The Easter Bank Holiday saw my diet fly out the window, but if I’m honest I wasn’t being great prior to this anyway. I need to cut down on the sugary foods as it’s making me more tired and creating a vicious circle.
5. Have Some Down Time – I feel like I’m constantly trying to cram as much into my day as possible. While I sometimes end up feeling proud at how much I’ve accomplished in one single day, more often than not I’m too exhausted to care. From now on, I’m going to give myself an hour a day where I chill the F out.
6. De-Clutter – If you follow me on Snapchat (daydreamerchic) you will have seen that I have began the de-cluttering process. I still have more to do, but it feels great to get started. I completely changed my bedroom around (my bed is a lot heavier than I expected!) and I also tackled my wardrobe. I want to get back to being the organised freak I once was!
7. Limiting Hair & Make-up Stress – I feel like both my hair and skin need a bit of a break this week. From heat damage to not letting my skin breath, I think I need a few days of no make-up and letting my hair dry naturally. Yes I am going to look like a zombie with a bed head. I may just add some concealer for work as I don’t think I can spend the day reassuring others that I am in fact not sick, just pale!
I’m going to do a post this week on my favourite skincare products that won’t break the bank, which I feel will tie in nicely with this little Lifestyle Detox!
I’m also not cutting out social media completely, I will still be posting and using it as a platform to document this little plan. I just won’t be spending 2 hours on Instagram and feeling inadequate!
If anyone else feels like doing something like this, let me know and we can do it together! 🙂
All My Love