Hello Beautiful People ❤
I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend? Today’s post is centred around my food diary for the week. Last week was quite a social one, with two nights out and the Irish Beauty Blog Awards. Needless to say I let the healthy eating slip a bit. On top of that I hurt my neck and my arm so was quite immobile for want of a better word! This past week has been better (less hectic) and so I’ve been trying a bit harder to eat healthily. I’ve stuck with my food diary this week and although my diet is certainly not ‘completely clean’ it is getting a bit better 🙂
What I’ve been eating this week:
- Gluten free Oats with Almond milk & berries
- Green Smoothie with 2 x Paleo Muffins (recipe here)
- Paleo Pancakes (2 eggs & 1 banana) with Agave Syrup
- Prawn Stir-fry with wholemeal noodles
- Tuna Salad with spinach & pine nut balls (Amazing!)
- ‘Courgetti’ with Tuna and 2 spoons of Dolmio light sauce.
With my lunch I almost always have a Liberte fat free yogurt and one of the snacks below – need to stay full in work!
- Wholemeal pasta & chicken mixed with pesto
- Sweet potato & ‘chicken pizza’
- Poached egg, 2 turkey sausages, grilled tomato & 2 x slices of wholemeal toast – breakfast for dinner 🙂
Snacks (2/3 a day) :
- Mixed nuts & raisins
- Free-ist (sugar free) cookies
- Yazoo – I know these aren’t the healthiest but when my invisalign are hurting, they are great for filling me up without having to chew. I will have to start making smoothies instead, I’m just a bit lazy sometimes!
I bought these in Dunnes Stores:
I did have the odd bit of chocolate here and there which I also wrote down (I will never give up chocolate!) but I haven’t let myself over indulge. I went for lunch in Lemongrass on Friday with the gals. So although that’s not exactly healthy, Thai food isn’t the worst. I am allowed three cheat meals a week so I just used this as one.
I am also going for dinner today and I will use that as another cheat meal. I know my diet could be better and I do want to cut down on processed foods, but I am big believer in ‘everything in moderation’ I love food and I mean LOVE. I am the biggest foodie I know, so I’m not going to allow myself to be miserable for the sake of a few calories.
– It’s all about balance after all.
Until Next My Loves