I hope you’re enjoying your day?
Last night my friend and I decided to bite the bullet and go see the notorious 50 Shades of Grey. We have both previously read the books and have heard a wide array of reviews about this film, so we decided to go see for ourselves!
I tend to dislike the movie versions of books I’ve read, however we bit the bullet and said if nothing else, we may get a giggle from the now infamous 50 Shades!
This accurately sums up our faces throughout the movie…
- Kate the college roommate looks a bit older than Ana. And by older I mean she looks about 40… a 40 year old smoker that is.
- Ok, what is Ana wearing? I know she’s not supposed to be overly stylish but where would one even find these clothes?! My eyes may never recover.
- Jose, another ‘college student’ with his receding hairline. Perhaps this college has a high failure rate? A clean shaven Christian Grey looks younger than these guys.
- I do like Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey, I wasn’t expecting to.
- Despite the above statement, he cannot pull off saying ‘Laters Baby’ Stop. It.
- Ana will you stop bobbing your head around, he has literally just touched your face. Calm. Down. Love.
- Why does she look like she is going to cry all the time? Guess she’s not really the ‘glass is half full’ kinda girl.
- Oh Jamie Dornan has been hitting the gym ❤
- If I was in a helicopter with one sole pilot, I would prefer he kept his eyes straight ahead and focused as opposed to staring creepily at me. Safety first.
- She is making pancakes, that’s fine. Her dancing however is not.
- Ana’s Fringe!!!
- Christian needs to do up his shirt, three buttons open makes you look like a pimp.
- The soundtrack is on point though!
- He is offering her one night a week where they can go on a date. That’s more than I get, take it Ms Steele. It’s a good deal.
- Oh hi Rita Ora, nice hairdo…
- Oh Bye Rita Ora, see you in the next movie.
- Ana’s feet are massive.
- Ana needs to ditch those ugly shoes, they are just… I don’t even have an adjective to describe their awfulness. I think that’s the first time that’s ever happened to me. Ana’s not the only one having some firsts in this movie.
- Ana’s Mam looks younger than Kate. Who did the casting for this movie?
- This is really not first date material.
Overall we enjoyed the film, I’m just not entirely sure it was for the right reasons. It definitely wasn’t as raunchy as the books, which I’m quite thankful for as I didn’t fancy sitting in a cinema full of strangers effectively watching porn. Call me old fashioned but it’s just not my cup of tea. If nothing else though, we laughed (sometimes at the jokes in the movie, sometimes at the acting in the movie) but a laugh is a laugh and we had a good time! 🙂
I’m not to proud to say I will probably go see the new film when it’s out!
All My Love