I made these oat bars yesterday and I loved them, perfect with a cup of tea on these cold evenings! I’m going to try swap my usual surgery treats with new healthy options, so this post will hopefully have some yummy follow ups!
These apple cinnamon bars are completely clean, they are gluten free with no refined sugar or carbs so won’t leave your sugar levels crashing and therefore craving more! The only dairy used is fat free Greek yogurt so this can be replaced by a soya alternative if you wish.
What you need:
- 1 apple (I use pink ladies as they are my favourite!)
- 1 1/2 cup of gluten free porridge oats
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey
- 2 tablespoons of fat free Greek yogurt
- Handful of chopped up pitted dates
What you do:
- Preheat your oven
- Chop up your apple into little pieces (dice it)
- Mix in your porridge oats, yogurt & honey
- Add in your chopped apple and as much cinnamon as you like (I use quite a bit as I love it!)
- Place your mixture on a baking tray, keep flour on your hands so that it doesn’t get too sticky.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20-25mins (my oven is very strong though so leave them in longer if you think they need it)
Tip: I buy my organic honey and gluten free oats from Aldi, they are half the price in comparison to some other stores!
As you can see, these bars are really quick and easy, ideal if you don’t have a lot of spare time on your hands! I didn’t get chance to get picture of the finished goods, they were snapped up as soon as they came out of the oven!
Hope you enjoy!
Happy Baking 🙂