Anyone who has read my previous posts about food will know that I have a significant lack of willpower. I don’t think I will ever be able to overcome my love of sweet and sugary snacks and I certainly don’t believe in depriving myself! 😛 At the end of the day, food is there to be enjoyed and to nourish your body. Starving yourself may give you speedy results but it is not sustainable. I also can’t even imagine how miserable I would be if I couldn’t have yummy food, I think my friends and family would just force feed me sweets to stop me from moaning!!
I found this great recipe from the wonderful Fab Diaries blog. It is a great alternative to nutella and choc icecream. The whole recipe is dairy free, has low sugar and fat content and is pretty much just yum! I altered the recipe slightly based on my own taste preferences and basically what I had in the kitchen. So here it is:
What you need:
- 300g Hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Half a cup of soya or almond milk
- Half a cup of organic honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
What you do:
- Preheat the oven
- Pop your hazelnuts on a baking tray and leave in the oven for about 8 minutes
- When they are done, rub them in a clean towel and place them into a blender
- When they have been blended for approx 3 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients in and blend further.
- When a creamy consistency has been achieved, place in a glass container and put in the fridge.